posted Apr 22, 2016, 9:12 AM by Kelly Nixon
|Join us at Carleton's Celebration for Women in Engineering |
Please invite all future female engineers!
Did you know that there are more than 76,000 students studying engineering at a Canadian university RIGHT NOW? Did you also know that only 19% of those students are female?
Gender parity has always been a struggle for S.T.E.M. programs, but Carleton's Faculty of Engineering and Design is determined to change that!
We are hosting a Celebration for Women in Engineering: Past, Present, and Future. If you know a female student that seems to have the knack and should be considering a career in engineering or design, please let her know about this event. She'll have an opportunity to:
- Meet with current female engineering students,
- Learn more about fun campus clubs,
- Network with industry representatives, and
- Hear from inspiring women working in many engineering fields.
Please see the invite below and pass it along to anyone that you think could benefit from this event.
|Carleton's Celebration for |
Women in Engineering
|Saturday, May 14, 2016|
You and a guest are invited to join Carleton's Celebration for Women in Engineering:Saturday, May 14 12:00 – 2:00 pmRiver Building Atrium, 2nd floor Carleton University, Ottawa With special guest speaker, visiting from San Jose, CA:
Amanda EmmanuelInteractive Multimedia and Design (BIT/10), Carleton UniversitySenior Product Manager, Global Checkout at eBay
- Hear from successful professional female engineers- Engage in networking and Q&A- Celebrate women in engineering at Carleton and beyond- Enjoy a free lunch buffet! Registration is required for this event. Please register here by Friday, May 6.Event contact: firstname.lastname@example.org FREE PARKING: Display this invitation on your dash for free parking in lot P2 or under the River Building in P16 (entrance on the west side of the River Building off of University Drive).Campus map: http://carleton.ca/campus/map/